Prize-giving : 14h30
Courses close: 2 hours after the last start
Place: Risoul holiday resort
GPS coordinates (Arena):
Le Valbel, Place de la Lauze, 05600 Risoul, France
Latitude : 44.621526 | Longitude : 6.633982
Signage: from the entry to the resort
Distance Car Parks – Arena: 100 to 800m
Car Parks Day 4 and Day 5:
Pink: Parking for cars
Blue: Parking for camper vans
Distance Arena – Starts:
Arena – Red Start : 1.7 km / 130m climb
Arena – Blue Start: Take the Mélézet chairlift at least 45 minutes before your start time (20 minute ride up in chairlift then 1.7 km / 140 m climb on foot).
Classes concerned: W50, Open violet B, W55, M60, M65, W60, W65, M70, M75, W70, W75, M80, W80, Loisir jaune long (Long yellow beginners), Open jaune (yellow) W, M14, W14, Loisir jaune court (Short yellow beginners) , W12, M12, Loisir bleu (blue beginners), W10, M10, Loisir vert (green beginners) and accompanied (shadowed) W10-M10.
There will be boxes marked out with 20-minute slots. Please make sure you join the one which corresponds to your start time. A specific box will be designated for leisure (beginners), open and accompanied (shadowed) M–W10s.
If you are late, make yourself known to one of the organizers so that they can take care of you. You will not have priority and if you are late for your start you will have to start all the same. Please therefore make sure you are at the bottom of the chairlift at the right time.
– Restaurants and shops
– Sale of local produce
– Orienteering kit traders
– WC close to start and on arena
– Children’s play equipment, summer toboggan run
Race format: Long Distance (chasing start)
Organizer: PACA Orienteering League
Race directors: Pierre DELENNE, Céline DODIN
Course planner: Laurent CHAMPIGNY
FFCO : Jean-Philippe STEFANINI
Referee : Eric MERMIN
Controller: Daniel PAPILLON
SI: Richard HEYRIES
Map: Risoul resort (scale: 1/10.000 + 1/5.000, contours: 5m) / Mapping: Rémi LEQUINT (survey: 2018/2019)
Alpine terrain from 1700 to 2200 metres above sea level partly on the ski resort.
Alternating larch and pine forest and open areas. Good runnability including on hillsides.
Many marshes and re-entrants.
Specific course details:
– Studded shoes and gaiters recommended.
– Blue Start : In case of wind or rain, jackets are recommended for the chairlift (they can be left at the Start, they will be brought back down to the Arena)
– Blue Start : A flock of ewes and lambs will be pasturing around the first few controls from the Blue Start. There won’t be any fencing, wire or sheepdog. Please go around the flock so that you don’t frighten the animals.
– Beware when approaching paths with bends marked out with red and white tape (with red plastic stakes): these are mountain bike trails.
– There will be no drinking water points on the course.
– The rootstocks marked on the map are the biggest ones on the terrain, and are from fallen trees (not from felled/cut trees).
– There could be temporary, crossable fences (white electricity cables on iron stakes) on the terrain in addition to those already mapped.
Course lengths/climb/expected times
Table of courses Day 5 V2
Pictures of the day will be available here after the race